Monday, January 7, 2013

Some goals for 2013.

I really cannot believe that 2012 has come and passed, the years really are moving by so fast. This past year by Gods grace I was able to complete 2 crazy trying semesters, had a summer for the ages, and made many friends along the way. The Lord was extremely gracious to me as well, and revealed so much about Himself and so much about my sin, and I am extremely grateful. As I enter into 2013, I have no idea where the Lord is taking my life but I do know that He is in control and has the perfect plan, no matter what it entails. Here are some overall goals that I have for the year (I will probably do a post eventually with more specific goals for this coming semester).

Goals for 2013:
1. To fall more and more in love with my savior Jesus Christ and as J.C Ryle puts it, to grow in grace. There is nothing more important for the Christian; we should bother with nothing else in this world if we do not first set our sights on the Lord. To know the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit more and more every single day that you live, and because of that to grow in practical holiness, should be the two main goals of every single Christian. So along with that I would like to do my best to be in the Word and prayer as often as I can (ideally every day), to be and serve at my Church as much as possible, and to fellowship with my Christian brethren often.  

2. To graduate from The Master’s college, and make the most of my final semester. I can’t believe that this is it!!! It has been an extremely insane 2 and a half years at TMC and I cannot wait to see where God takes, grows, and stretches me this final semester.

3. Lord willing, by years end to find a job, ANY job. I don’t care if it’s at a fast food place while I look elsewhere, just something to start working and paying off loans.

4. To read 25 books: From summer 2012 to New Years I was able to read 23, (some were for school but still great reads nonetheless), I can’t remember what I read Christmas break past the new year and I don’t think I did much, if any reading spring semester.

5. Make some sort of consistent habit of exercising and eating just a little bit healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment